Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The New Home Visit

Sometimes you know you want something before you even go and see it.  My Twin Feather house is just that!  I had two properties to look at that sunny Sunday.  The first house was a miserable mess with zero personality (gotta have some personality!)  Then we pulled up to 1434 Twin Feather and I didn't have to see the inside to know that this was going to be my family's next home!  The trees were over grown, the bushes needed to be whacked, and the poison ivy didn't do it any justice... but I saw through all that and wanted to call my little mansion HOME!



This is my Tara!  Someone once loved this house... I can tell because of all the different flowers planted throughout the yard.  Just a little paint and a change of the colors and this baby will be Sally perfect!



I would soon find out, though, that my new love would not only be the front of the house, but the back yard.  I saw it standing there so stoically and the foot of the driveway!  It beckoned me to come to it and pick some fresh, yummy ripe apples!  That's right!  A HUGE apple tree is in the backyard.  Sometimes when Shawn is at work and Ethan is in MDO, I will drive over there to pick some apples.  Yes... I know the house isn't mine until the 27th, but I can't help myself!  There is a bunny rabbit that is always eating the apples off the ground when I pull up.  He is a bit brazen, because he never hops away.  Instead, he just sits really still so he doesn't have to leave his (ugh hum... I mean MY) apple bounty.  I don't mind sharing the apples, but Little Kitty and Toby may have a big problem sharing the backyard! 
 
 
Here is a picture of one of the first apples I picked.  I kept it on my rental counter top as a promise to myself that I would have this house!!!
 
 
     As if the apple tree and the miniature Tara wasn't enough, I discovered that the house held another secret!  A screened in porch.  A screened in porch was one of the main things on my list while I was looking for a house.  With the help of pinterest, I plan on making that was amazing retreat and breakfast nook for my hubby, my buddy, and me!
 
 
This picture was taken the day I took my parents to see the house.  Mama and I both can't wait until we have our morning drink on the porch!  I just can't wait to feel the breeze coming in the doors during the fall and spring. 
 

     Yes, it feels like home even though we haven't moved in yet!  I can't wait until the 27th of September because on that day I will offically be able to call this my H<3ME! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment